Monday, June 21, 2010

100 Posts, ya'll!

Holy cow, I only noticed this weekend that I hit 100 posts! Hurray for me!

Really, no big deal. Anybody can do a bunch of posts. But in the last several months or so I have tried only to post when I actually had something to say or get off my chest (besides a little bragging here and there about fun sessions). When I started the blog, I was just aping James at Grognardia and others, writing about old game products I liked and such, and I have to admit it wasn’t very inspiring for me or anybody else. So I got a bit more real. I posted about some old bad game experiences of my childhood and my teens and onward. It was a bit cathartic really, so before long I decided that I would continue letting off some steam by bitching about my games, my players, and my own possible short comings when it came to my gaming. Oh, and mentioning the fun here and there as well.

Thanks to all of you smart and creative gamers who have taken a look at my crazy posts, and for commenting in the positive and the negative. We are all a part of this semi-underground creative culture of imagining, and we enjoy this collective experience.

I’m off for a week’s vacation starting tomorrow, going north of San Francisco to work at a big world music camp some friends of mine are putting on. A lot of my best friends are even teachers at this thing. It’s gonna be a blast, and I’m going to work on some other types of instruments besides my Highland Bagpipes (irish bodhran drum, bongos, and middle-eastern belly dancer music ensemble). Take a peek at the website for the camp if you are interested in such things. Maybe see you there next year!

Have a great start to your summer!

8 comments:

  1. Great blog! Looking forward to the next 100 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    Hey, we can't all be (insert super-genius blogger name here)! The best one can do is what they do best. And you have done an admirable job of it with your posts and insights. As you have said, it's a collective experience.

    Type solid!

    Ciao!
    GW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Bruno. 100 is something to shout about. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right on, man. I like your blog and the personal style. I've never been into game essays and breaking down mechanics.

    Enjoy your trip!
    Christian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers Bruno. I've definitely enjoyed reading about the personal stories. And thanks for supporting my blog early on as well. Have a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete