Thursday, December 17, 2009

I hate it when a plan doesn't come together

Had to cancel the Mutant Future 1st game session last night due to somewhat weird circumstances. At the last minute Dan's fiance had a death in the family, Ben 2.0 emailed and said he had a cold at the last minute (yeah, that's usually my top excuse to get out of shit. Gonna call in sick to work tomorrow with a "cold"), and then the nuttiest one. It was going to be just me, Andy, and Paul. Paul is a fairly timid young 20 yr. old, a long time Warcraft player new to tabletop. He showed up, saw that the house seemed quiet, stood outside for 20 minutes, then decided we had totally cancelled and left. This is a guy who had to take a bus to Santa Monica from West Hollywood (bit of a ride), and he went home without even knocking on the door. No call, nothing. Good guy, and up for anything we play, but that was just damn weird.

So no December last game o' the year. Shit. Group of six players and could not get enough for one damn game for year's end. Aw well. See ya in January...

5 comments:

  1. Argh. I hate it when the session goes to crap like that. I feel your pain, dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. At the same time a part of me wants to slap that Paul guy upside the head.

    See my blog soon for what I'm sure will be either a really great or really strange (or both) story of my last game of the year. Its likely to be Christmas day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the same is happening tomorrow, too.
    --Only two players, and one hates the other.
    :(

    Sorry to hear it.
    --Hopefully the first session foes go well, when you run it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My copy of Mutant Future is arriving in the mail soon and I am eager to play. What if we combined forces and had a joint game day? (Although I'm not sure if Andy would want to play with us again, especially my friend Rod.) Between our two groups I'm sure we could manage at least 4 or 5 players. I could host and I'd even make dinner or lunch for us.

    Barring that, there's always some AD&D 1e. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris: I seem to be having a tough time just getting my own players into it, but I bet we could get something together. Now that I have a full group of 6, I've started hearing from lots of people through RPG finder and meetup wanting to get in on it. Advertise it as an old school experience and I bet we'd get takers. It is for sure a game you'd want at least three players for.

    Let me know about any games you're doing in the coming year that you'd want another player for, pal. I'm going to try to start the new year with healthy eating and other habits, so my one real vice might be gaming for awhile.

    ReplyDelete